ArrowLine by EDCO: Permanent metal slate and steel shake. Unmatched Quality.
Count on EDCO innovation mixed with the expert installation of Global Home Improvement for cost-effective, high-performance metal slate nj and metal shake steel roofing. EDCO’s ArrowLine roofing products have received the highest possible hail rating, and use a unique four-way interlocking system that withstands winds of up to 160mph. ArrowLine metal roofing is available in a rich range of contemporary colors, all coated with a deluxe KYNAR 500® finish for flawless, fade-proof color retention. This line is available in either a metal slate or steel shake patterning.
This homeowner chose the Permanent Metal Slate in Classic Red Blend that adds dimensional and style to the main roof. Because the lower pent roof was below a 3/12 pitch we installed a mechanically seamed standing seam roof panel that can be installed on virtually flat surfaces, ensuring a leak free install for the life of the roof!
For your FREE Metal Roof Estimate in PA, NJ, DE and NY Call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929!
Check out Marketing Manager, Adam Parnes’ interview with Anchor Ukee Washington as they discuss Stone Siding, Metal Roofing, Acrylic Bath’s And Marvin Windows!
On this project Portico and Metal Roof Project in Long Valley, NJ we extended the front porch posts 12″ with 12″ wide AZEK composite trim. AZEK Trim is ideally suited for exterior door and window trim projects because their exterior house trim comes in a variety of colors that do not need to be painted and will maintain their like new appearance for years
After extending the posts and installing all new AZEK composite material we needed to add a roof overhang for the increased space. We installed a custom Standing Seam Metal Roof in Charcoal Gray to contrast the bright white AZEK trim.
Take a look at the before and after and let us know what you think! For free estimates on Portico Design and Portico Installation New Jersey call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929.
If you live in New Jersey, NY or Philadelphia, you have probably heard the commercials for “Stronger than the Storm” featuring Governor Chris Christie. But what does it really mean to be stronger than the storm?? Is having the mental fortitude and emotional strength enough to survive the next super storm??
At Global Home Improvement, we take the term “Stronger than the Storm” literally, and that’s why we offer homeowner’s Hurricane Rated Metal Roofing for the Jersey Shore!
Recently, we installed this shore home with 5000 square feet of .032 aluminum metal roofing for their shore home and re-installed a 7 kw solar system on the south facing side of the home which is located on the bay.
Metal Roofing is Ideal for Shore Homes and here are the Top 5 Reasons Why:
- Mechanically seamed metal roofing can withstand up to 140 mph winds making it rated for a category 4 hurricane!
- Aluminum metal roofing resists corrosion from saltwater and can last 50 + years in the toughest environments
- Cool Coated Metal Roofing has inafred reflecting pigments making it Energy Star Rated, saving you hundreds on your home cooling bill
- Metal roofing can use patented S-5 clamps to attach solar panels without penetrating your roof’s surface
- Metal Roofing is green, beautiful and the only shore roofing material strong enough to withstand whatever mother nature throws at it…
For your free estimate on Standing Seam Metal Roofing at the New Jersey Shore call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929 or visit us online at www.globalhomeinc.com
Happy Independence Day from Global Home Improvement! Celebrate this July 4th with an American Made Metal Roof in Red, White or Blue!!
Check out our online Metal Roof Color Selector for more options or call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929!
Metal Roofing is Ideal in Wooded Areas of PA, NJ, DE and NY
If you are a homeowner or plan on being a homeowner in an area in which the home is heavily wooded you probably already know about the benefits of metal roofing.
As a homeowner you should be aware of the availability of impact-resistant UL Standard 2218 tested metal roofing and fire-resistant Class A, B and C metal roofing. Because metal roofs are non-combustible and fire resistant they are given a Class A fire rating, which can translate into a reduction on your homeowner’s insurance rate.
A non-combustible fire rated roofing system can do more than save you money on your homeowner’s insurance. It can save your house! The wildfires that covered 13 western states in 2012 produced an estimated $449.7 million worth of damage in one state alone.
Metal Roof Before Fire
Metal Roof After Fire
Metal roofs have been around for centuries as well, and in some cases, original metal roofs have been a distinctive characteristic on famous old buildings. In the residential markets of the U.S., metal roofing is seen most often in the heavily-wooded areas of Central California and the Northwest because of its fire-free reputation. But metal roofing is now more versatile than ever before. Sheets of aluminum or pre-coated steel are pressed into modular panels through a stamping process creating the look of individual shingles, shakes, slates, or tiles. The benefit of this type of roofing is that it is designed for quick installation; installers only have to work with one larger piece as opposed to numerous smaller pieces. Metal roofing can also be painted to match any color palette.
Selecting a metal roof for a home in a densely-wooded area can also keep down moss and mold on the roof which is a huge issue for asphalt and wood shake roofs
- Maintenance Free: When properly installed, a metal roof is virtually maintenance free. In addition, metal panels are non-porous and do not support the growth of moss, mildew, or fungus.
- Energy Efficient: Metal roofing options PA include a palette of “cool” colors that are “Energy Star” rated to help reduce energy costs in your home.
- Strength: Light (1/3 the weight of standard shingles), yet durable enough to withstand severe weather (high winds, hail, snow, ice) better than any other roofing material. The majority of metal roofing comes with a class 4 impact rating, the highest in it’s class.
- Reduces homeowner’s insurance – As a homeowner you should be aware of the availability of impact-resistant UL Standard 2218 tested metal roofing and fire-resistant Class A, B and C metal roofing. Because metal roofs are non-combustible and fire resistant they are given a Class A fire rating, which can translate into a reduction on your homeowner’s insurance rate.
- Fire Resistant - Unlike cedar shake roofs, metal roofs are 100% fire resistant and can save your home in a catastrophe. Fires usually spread from roof to roof and a metal roof can prevent this completely.
- Longevity – Metal shingle roofs NY come with a 50 year warranty and are resistant to rot and decay unlike wood shake shingles. With over twice the lifespan of untreated wood shingles, metal shingle roofs are a great value!
- Style and Durability – New stone coated metal shingle, shake and tile, are not only durable but they are extremely stylish, giving your rustic home and authentic and affordable look.
For more information on fire, hail and mildew resistant metal roofing or to set up a free in-home estimate call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929 or visit online at www.globalhomeinc.com.
Copyright Global Home Improvement 2013. Serving PA, NJ, NY and DE.
At Global Home Improvement, we constantly look for ways to make metal roofing more desirable to homeowners. We already know that metal roofing is designed to last a lifetime, and is extremely durable and weather resistant, but what about other factors like aesthetics and cost??
GTech Metal E-Shingles offer Style, Energy Efficiency and Value
- Style - With the embossed look of dimensional shingles and over 15 different color selections, GTech E-shingles are an ideal alternative to Standing Seam Metal Roofing which can have a more commercial look compared to Kynar-coated Metal Shingles.
- Energy Efficiency - Our new E-shingles are named appropriately because they are designed to reflect radiation and heat in the summer saving you on your home energy bill and making it an Energy Star Rated Product. Asphalt shingles roofs hold and absorb summer heat and can remain hot, hours after the sun sets leading to increased cooling costs and energy bills.
- Value - Finally, a good looking, energy efficient metal roof product that won’t break the bank. The Cost of Metal Shingles has gone down significantly thanks to the lightweight design and easy installation of our E-shingle making our product competitively priced with high-end asphalt shingles. So if you could get a GTech E-shingle for the price of a design Asphalt Shingle, what would you do?? That’s what we thought; Go Metal, Go Global!
So if you are looking for a cost-effective metal roof option in PA, NJ, NY or DE to compare the price of metal to asphalt, than call 888-234-2929 or visit Global Home Improvement online at globalhomeinc.com
Curved Standing Seam for Bay Windows
Bay windows are a great way to add architectural detail to your home transforming what was potentially a small space into a larger, cozier one. While any home remodeler can install a prefabricated bay window only true roofing experts can install curved metal roofing that will add the finishing touch and a distinct look.
So it goes without saying that standing seam metal roofing is by far the most popular roofing option for bay windows. Metal roofing has come a long way from the first installations hundreds of years ago. In fact, the standing seam metal roofing industry has grown from 2% to over 11% of the residential roofing market over the past decade.
Standing seam metal roofing for bay and bow windows come in a variety of colors, finishes and styles. And, most metal roofing products come with at least a 35 year warranty with an expected life-expectancy far beyond that.
But why use a curved standing seam metal roof for a bay window? First, it allows water to run off without standing over vulnerable joints in the metal. Like I said earlier, metal roofing has come a long way over the past couple of centuries. Today, a metal roofing expert can curve to fit virtually any shape you want for your window. In addition, a curved metal roof can add that finish touch that you are looking for to make your home stand out from the rest.
For more information on curved standing seam metal roofing or to set up a free in-home estimate check out globalhomeinc.com or call 888-234-2929.
Copyright Global Home Improvement 2013. Serving PA, NJ and DE.
This Victorian styled shore home features a combination of both Standing Seam and GAF shingles to achieve the look the homeowner desired at the right price. This roof has been featured in several magazines as an example of how to accent your home with metal roofing. The metal roof over the front porch, dormer and large triangular cupola gives this roof style, personality and longevity. The homeowner went with a terra-cotta colored standing seam roof to match the shutters and design elements around the crown molding of the exterior.
The challenge with this roof was in the large cupola that features wider panels at the base that get thinner as the metal roof reaches the apex. The result is a true masterpiece and a unique focal point to this home.
For more information on Metal Roofing and for your Free Metal Roofing Estimate call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929 or visit us online at www.globalhomeinc.com.
Copyright Global Home Improvement 2013. Serving PA, NJ and DE.