Benefit of Metal Roofing in Wooded Areas of PA, NJ, DE and NY
Metal Roofing is Ideal in Wooded Areas of PA, NJ, DE and NY
If you are a homeowner or plan on being a homeowner in an area in which the home is heavily wooded you probably already know about the benefits of metal roofing.
As a homeowner you should be aware of the availability of impact-resistant UL Standard 2218 tested metal roofing and fire-resistant Class A, B and C metal roofing. Because metal roofs are non-combustible and fire resistant they are given a Class A fire rating, which can translate into a reduction on your homeowner’s insurance rate.
A non-combustible fire rated roofing system can do more than save you money on your homeowner’s insurance. It can save your house! The wildfires that covered 13 western states in 2012 produced an estimated $449.7 million worth of damage in one state alone.
Metal roofs have been around for centuries as well, and in some cases, original metal roofs have been a distinctive characteristic on famous old buildings. In the residential markets of the U.S., metal roofing is seen most often in the heavily-wooded areas of Central California and the Northwest because of its fire-free reputation. But metal roofing is now more versatile than ever before. Sheets of aluminum or pre-coated steel are pressed into modular panels through a stamping process creating the look of individual shingles, shakes, slates, or tiles. The benefit of this type of roofing is that it is designed for quick installation; installers only have to work with one larger piece as opposed to numerous smaller pieces. Metal roofing can also be painted to match any color palette.
Selecting a metal roof for a home in a densely-wooded area can also keep down moss and mold on the roof which is a huge issue for asphalt and wood shake roofs
- Maintenance Free: When properly installed, a metal roof is virtually maintenance free. In addition, metal panels are non-porous and do not support the growth of moss, mildew, or fungus.
- Energy Efficient: Metal roofing options PA include a palette of “cool” colors that are “Energy Star” rated to help reduce energy costs in your home.
- Strength: Light (1/3 the weight of standard shingles), yet durable enough to withstand severe weather (high winds, hail, snow, ice) better than any other roofing material. The majority of metal roofing comes with a class 4 impact rating, the highest in it’s class.
- Reduces homeowner’s insurance – As a homeowner you should be aware of the availability of impact-resistant UL Standard 2218 tested metal roofing and fire-resistant Class A, B and C metal roofing. Because metal roofs are non-combustible and fire resistant they are given a Class A fire rating, which can translate into a reduction on your homeowner’s insurance rate.
- Fire Resistant - Unlike cedar shake roofs, metal roofs are 100% fire resistant and can save your home in a catastrophe. Fires usually spread from roof to roof and a metal roof can prevent this completely.
- Longevity – Metal shingle roofs NY come with a 50 year warranty and are resistant to rot and decay unlike wood shake shingles. With over twice the lifespan of untreated wood shingles, metal shingle roofs are a great value!
- Style and Durability – New stone coated metal shingle, shake and tile, are not only durable but they are extremely stylish, giving your rustic home and authentic and affordable look.
For more information on fire, hail and mildew resistant metal roofing or to set up a free in-home estimate call Global Home Improvement at 888-234-2929 or visit online at www.globalhomeinc.com.
Copyright Global Home Improvement 2013. Serving PA, NJ, NY and DE.